Sunday, September 4, 2011

Recovery Mode

Dad was pretty out of it for most of the day. He doesn't even remember talking with my two aunts that came to pick me up this morning. The doctors reassessed the meds he is taking for pain. No more morphine! The effects of this drug took a while to wear off today, leaving dad confused and at times upset. He was so out of it today he didn't wake up while being transferred back to the air bed! It's possible that he might get his trach corked tomorrow but I will believe that when it happens. I expect dad to be here in the hospital until at least Wednesday or Thursday. I am back in staying with dad now until my brother gets here to take over the night shift. He is asleep now and hopefully remains that way. The doctor that saw dad today said that dad needs a good two full days of solid sleep to help build back some strength. It's going to be so hard to leave here later tonight to head back to my own home. I'm not sure how I will pull out of personal mode and back into professional one...sigh. Can't wait for this ordeal to be over!

6 comments:

  1. I think you are right on about the Morphine, Bernice has had the same problems as your Dad has. Praying that your Dad will soon be allowed to go home, he will heal much faster in his own surroundings.

    Ralph and Bernice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is going to be hard for you to change from personal mode into professional mode and hold it all together. Let me know if you need something at school, or a break to catch your breath....I'm there. Do you need anything done for you at school...I am going in this morning. Send me a tweet if you do. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to drop in and see him when he is up to it.. It's to bad he didn't get his surgery the first of Aug. He would of been home before you went back to work..I'm sure you have been a blessing to your mom and dad through ordeal... take care! Delphine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear he's off the morphine and getting some sleep. Hope you get to start the school year somewhat stress free(if thats even remotely possible!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim hang in there..You are his inspiration at this time and he needs you and your brother to be there for him..You also need a break..Hope that you rest well tonight..

    Thank you for the latest update and now you get some rest yourself..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, you and your family will find the strength to get through this. Like your title "where there's a will, there's a way" You've found the will, now keep working on the way". You and your family is his voice for now. Take care!! Our thoughts are with you guys.
    Minnie & Everett

    ReplyDelete